Monday, August 22, 2005

Six Feet Under Part Two

I wanted to thank Gabriel's Daughter for her comment to my Six Feet Under post. Your honesty is touching. So I hope that you do not mind me placing your comment for all to see. And so life continues without Six Feet Under and without many dear loved ones. New life emerges and the cycle continues. Please don't (dear great one) replace our TV loss with more reality shows! Gabriel's Daughter said:

"Asi es la vida" - Such is life. Death is a part of life. Addicting as some aspects may seem. I think, in a way, we all love misery. We all want to grieve. It's a natural process. We all look for the horribly morbid in life to counter the sanity. We all need a 'reality check'. I'm not actually a fan of "Six Feet Under". Love "CSI", "Law&Order SVU", etc though. Having lost 2 of my own children (at the mere age of 24), I have mourned plenty. Maybe I'm too calloused by the experiences, as I am expecting another child any day now. Having not given up hope for the life knowing that it will only end in death, eventually. Just wishing that this life will last a little longer than the others. And yet, I am watching my Grandfather die having suffered a stroke on August 8th. Real life, in itself is so much more depressing that I think television can portray. When one's heart has loved so deeply then succumbed to the soul torturing agony that death inflict.Maybe some Eastern philosophies are right to believe that "we are impermanent" and we should view life as such. But why is it that we yearn to love so much knowing that there will eventually be an end? Are we all masochists?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...