Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody . . .

If I had categories, this would be filed under “Childhood Angst.” Tonight’s episode of Supernatural actually scared me! Bravo! It is so rare that a television show can actually evoke an experience from me, but tonight’s subject of “Bloody Mary” certainly did. Any female who ever had the “truth of dare” experience that accompanies sleepovers knows the fear that sits in the pit of your stomach while you face the mirror and say her name three times. With us, me and my friends, the rituals was more complicated as you had to say here name and then turn counter-clockwise—repeating the process three times. There had to be a candle involved and no lights on and never during the day. What courage it took to stand in front of that mirror and perform that task! While watching the show tonight that same childlike fear creped into my limbs and stomach, leaving me just slightly breathless. After the show, I went to the bathroom and looked at the mirror in front of me. “Should I?” “Dare I?” Wouldn’t you like to know! R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...