Tuesday, January 31, 2006

State of the Union Address

After watching the State of the Union address, I can’t help but wonder . . . Does President Bush live in a vacuum? How can “they/he” arrest an invited guest, Cindy Sheehan, and then talk about freedom? It is not likely she would have started yelling in the middle of his speech since she was an invited guest of Rep. Lynn Woolsey. He linked, once again at the start of his speech, 9/11, Iraq, weapons of mass destruction and terrorism. Yes, it was a bit ambiguous, but still it was there. To me, and yes I am a liberal, he seems out of touch with everyday life. I also want to know what he means when he says “defeatism.” So, we can question and challenge, but we can’t totally disagree with him? We have to agree to go the course in order not to be a defeatist? So, I ask you again, and you can disagree, dose he live in a vacuum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...